Today, I would like to write how to make "Dashi" which is quite an important item to make Japanese cuisine such as miso soup tasty(^_^).
Ingredients ( in the case of making 3 cups=600cc)
・3 cups water (=600cc)
・4 inch (=10 cm×10cm) dried kelp (= We often called it konbu（昆布/こんぶ in Japanese）.
・1 handful (=around 30g) of dried bonito flakes（= We often called it katsuobushi（かつおぶし in Japanese）
1. Place water and dried kelp (= konbu) in a (soup) pot over medium heat.
2. Add 3 cups water to heat until boiling.
3. When it comes to a boil, add dried bonito flakes(= katsuobushi) and to heat until boiling again.
4. When it boils again, remove the scum from the surface of the liquid and turn off the heat.
5. Strain through strainer (to remove konbu and katsuobushi)
I often use this liquid called "Dashi" when you make Japanese cuisine such as soup, udon, and so on(^^)/ I hope you like it(^.^)
・In Japan, we can use tap water in making dashi, but in Thailand, I think it is better to buy water and use it.
・You can buy konbu and katsuobushi at FUJI supermarket, Gourmet Market and the other shops in BKK although the items are sometimes out of stock.
・If you need more information of this recipe, please get in touch with me through comment box or DM(facebook, or instagram).
Thank you for coming and seeing this blog. I participate in the championship as shown below. I would appreciate it if you encourage me with clicking the following banners once a day. It improves this blog's ranking and it is a big driver to update this blog. Thank you for your kind cooperation in advance.